|A Dream Come True|
|Season One, Episode 117b|
|Written by||Bruce Robb|
|Directed by||Virginie Jallot|
Atomic Betty vs. the Giant Killer Ants
On Earth, Betty's favorite musical artist, "Missy Miss" is coming to town, and everyone in school wants to go. In space, Betty, Sparky, and X-5 fall under the spell of Maximus' Dream-Invader, his latest invention, with which he can enter peoples dreams and even manipulate them. With this device, he hopes to uncover the secret location of Betty's home planet.
- BETTY: Aaaah! Ooh, I hope that call isn't for me!
- MAXIMUS: Time for Betty-byes!
- GOOD MINIMUS: Ooh, I'm so hungry! I sure could use some Sincorvian slugworms right now. Should I wake up the boss? Ooh, he's so grouchy when he wakes up!
- EVIL MINIMUS: Hmph! He's always grouchy!
- MAXIMUS: Fool! You pulled me out of my Dream Invader because you're HUNGRY!? I was about to find out where Atomic Betty's home planet is!
- GOOD MINIMUS: But--but what if you don't ever find out? Or if it takes forever?
- EVIL MINIMUS: Like after dinner!
- MAXIMUS: Now, turn my Dream Invader back on! AND TAKE OFF THAT WIG!!
- MINIMUS: This is definitely you. Very quadrangle.
- EVIL MINIMUS: Now! Into the cage!
- SPARKY: What cage?
- (Cage falls down.)
- SPARKY: Well! He can just forget about his tip!
- BETTY: It's a ticket to the Missy Miss concert! YES!
- NOAH: Cool! It's like a dream come true!
- BETTY: Well, not exactly. (winks)
to be added
- For some reason, Admiral DeGill does not appear in this episode.
- The song playing on the radio and later when Betty awakens to dance to her tune and defeat Minimus, and the song briefly heard at the end of the episode is called "That's What I Do".
- The title card is similar to that of the part of the Atomic Betty (pilot) when she is asleep before awakening.
- On the newly 1080p HD remastered version, the sounds to Betty's dance moves (such as the cartoon boing, ricochet, hand clap, etc.) are added throughout the sequence, but will also be set up.
- Betty Barrett
- Noah Parker
- Maximus I.Q.
- Minimus P.U.
- Penelope Lang
- Principal Peterson
- Betty's Father
- Betty's Mother
New Sound Effects
- Water Plop Sound Effect
- Betty blinks her eyes multiple times throughout.
- When Betty blinks a couple times after noticing the hair beast being furless.
- During her dance moves, she stretches her legs out (while wearing her thigh-high boots) and bounces her bottoms, feeling the snare drum beat of Missy Miss' "That's What I Do".
- Sound Ideas, RUN, CARTOON - FAST RUN, LONG
- After her statement about the tickets, Betty runs off before she transforms.
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, SWISH - LONG SWISH BY
- Betty evades once and hits the monster, then twice throughout the battle.
- She washes and scrubs the hair beast's top part.
- Joel Valentine Swish Sound
- Heard as Betty brings out the razor and shaving cream.
- The swishes are heard as Betty scrubs and washes the monster out, causing him to become furless.
- RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 09
- Betty evades before shaving the hair beast out.
- TR-909 Crash Cymbal
- Heard as Betty notices the hair beast being furless before he rushes off.
- Sound Ideas, POP, CARTOON - POP GUN 03
- A balloon changes (and pops) into an anvil as X-5 falls down.
- Sound Ideas, WHINE, CARTOON - SHELL SCREAMING WHINE DOWN
- X-5 falls with an anvil in Betty's nightmare.
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, POP - BIG CORK POP
- Betty pops the balloon, causing Maximus to fall over.
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - SLICK RICCO 02
- Maximus falls after Betty pops the balloon.
- Sound Ideas, CARTOON, YELL - PAINFUL YELL 02
- When Maximus knocks out the evil doctor into the pit.
- Sound Ideas, TEETH, CARTOON - SCOOBY'S TEETH CHATTER, LONG
- Betty utters "Must wake up, must wake up!" once while being trembled before Sparky and X-5 set up the song for her.
- Sound Ideas, RICOCHET - CARTOON RICCO 04
- A reversed rendition of the 4th ricochet is heard as Betty falls from above before she claps to the tune.
- She evades for action to save Sparky and X-5 from being caged up.
- TR-909 Hand Clap
- Betty claps to the music of the song, "That's What I Do", by her favorite singer, Missy Miss. Other sounds are added to her dance moves in the newly HD remastered version.
- Sound Ideas, SCI FI, WARBLY COMPUTER TINKLING
- Heard a couple times after clapping when Betty dances to the tune of Missy Miss' "That's What I Do".
- Hollywoodedge, Several Rapid Swish CRT054101
- When Betty jumps before bouncing her bottoms, while feeling the snare drum beat of Missy Miss' "That's What I Do".
- Sound Ideas, PLINK, CARTOON - SOUR PLINK
- During the ending when Penelope states that she'll be meeting Missy Miss tonight.
- Hollywoodedge, Muted Trumpet Short CRT045102
- Heard during the ending when Penelope gets frustrated with rage, then rushes off!
- Ding Sound Effect
- During the ending when Betty winks her eye after she utters "Well, not exactly."