|No Space like Home|
|Season Three, Episode 301|
|Air date||Sept/28/2007 (CA), Oct/16/2010 (US)|
|Written by||Mike Kubat|
|Directed by||Eduardo Soriano|
Takes One to Know One
"No Space Like Home" is the first season three episode of Atomic Betty. It is a two parter designed to conclude the cliffhanger of the Season 2 finale and bring us into Season 3.
Betty saves Noah from Maximus' clutches, however, Maximus pulls a clever switch and discovered the location of Galactic Guardian headquarters! With headquarters destroyed, Admiral DeGill decides to relocate to Earth - right under Moosejaw Heights!
Previously, Pandora and her father had been re-imprisoned. However, the reimprisonment had also managed to teleport Noah Parker into Maximus' base. When Betty hears of Noah's apparent capture, Betty goes to save him while Paloma tries to defuse the mass hysteria that has hit Moose Jaw. Meanwhile, while Minimus keeps Noah company as a playmate, Maximus employs the Chameleon to disguise himself as Noah, who is subsequently "rescued" by Betty. Returning to Galactic Guardian headquarters, Betty remarks that Noah would make a great Galactic Guardian, just as Maximus arrives with his armada. Noah inadvertently causes the destruction of Galactic Guardian headquarters when a superball he and Minimus was playing with activates Maximus' weapon.
With Galactic Guardian headquarters destroyed, Admiral DeGill decides to build a temporary headquarters on Earth, underneath Moose Jaw, much to the chagrin of Betty. While Paloma and Juanita help build the base, and Sparky and X-5 adjust to Betty's civilian life, Betty discovers the Chameleon's ruse after discovering that "Noah" is afraid of Purrsy and appears to not know the way back to his own house from hers. Paloma rescues Noah after disguising herself as the Chameleon and sneaking aboard Maximus' ship, but is forced to say one last goodbye to Betty in order to get Maximus away from Earth and prevent its destruction. After the ordeal, Betty keeps her word, and allows Noah to join the Galactic Guardians as a cadet.
- First appearance of the Galactic Guardian Earth Base
- This marks the first time Maximus and Noah meet (if you don't count the cliffhanger ending in the Season 2 finale)
- Noah officially finds out Betty's secret and joins the Guardians as a cadet.
- Final main character appearance of Paloma and Juanita.
- It also marks the final time the Chameleon appears as a major villain.
- You can briefly see Betty's panties in the part, just by showing how she battles against the Chameleon during his last appearance in this episode.
- We nor Betty (though it may have been done off screen during the montage, leaving it unrevealed to the viewer) are not given an explanation about why Paloma went through the whole secrecy and her reasons for going through the hassle in the first place, despite her wanting to explain.
- Maximus' ship at one point mimics the beginning of Star Wars: A New Hope.
- This is the first time since Bracelet Yourself that Sparky dons his Earth disguise.
- The episode's name is a pun of No Place Like Home (prior to Dorothy's catchphrase in the 1939 classic film, The Wizard of Oz).
- When the show itself began a different opening that was used, the final season was subtitled "Mission: Earth".
- Betty was sounded more like Princess Pea/Presto from Super Why!, although her voice was lower than on seasons 1-2.
- After Len Carlson passed away in 2006, Dwayne Hill now became the different voice of Minimus and Spindly Tam Kanushu on the last season.
- Betty Barrett
- Admiral DeGill
- Maximus' forces
- Minimus P.U.
- Maximus I.Q.
- Noah Parker
- The Chameleon